Monday, May 24, 2010

It is time to have honest conversations

It has been quite sometime since I last posted a blog. When I started my blog 18 months ago I honestly felt that I would blog more often, but I just haven't had much time or I have been lazy. I don't normally spend a lot of time on the computer at home because I spend 8 to 10 hours a day in front of a computer when I am at work. When I get home I need a break from the computer, and for the most part I find it boring. There just isn't that much on the internet that I find interesting. Now back to the subject I want to blog about today.

I have been thinking a lot lately about what is happening in our country with Obama, Democrats, Republicans, tea parties, etc. I don't like some of things I am seeing and hearing. Recently I have come to the conclusion that perhaps part of the problem is that there is a lack of honesty that has entered into peoples conversations. Much of this lack of honesty, pertaining to polictics, I believe is due to political correctness. As an example I offer up the following two videos.





I first heard and saw these two clips about 10 days ago. When I heard the clips played together, first the Eric Holder clip and then second the David Horowitz clip, it had a profound effect on me. I was stunned at what I had heard and seen. I believe they are closely related, the difference is that David Horowitz successfully outed the true beliefs of the young lady. He didn't dance around the bush with her and he was direct.

As a side note, David Horowitz grew up in a radical left wing home. Both of his parents were communists and likewise he was 60's/70's left wing radical before realizing he was wrong. Today he is engaged in uncovering left wing/communist/marxist/maoist/leninist political thought. Obviously he is a staunch defender of Israel and speaks out against anti-semitic thought.

I was disturbed by the Eric Holder clip because of how he danced around the question and never directly answered it. Since when did it become a sin or a problem to label someone a "radical islamist"? Especially when the person is one. As I watched him dance around the senator's questions it reminded me of Abbott and Costello's "Who's on First?" Attorney General Holder comes off silly and comical.

It is time that we ditch the political correctness act and start calling a "spade a spade." Please, lets be honest about the evil that exists in this world that threatens the American way of life. A refusal to label the terrorists involved in the Fort Hood shootings, underwear bomber and the times square bomber what they truly are (radical islamists) does absolutely nothing to prevent future terrorist attacks. If anything, it will further encourage attacks and shows weakness. Lets call the enemy what they truly are and stop the spin.

It is time for Obama, Democrats, Republicans and everyone else to stop the lies. Be honest with the American people and the world. Stop spinning the issues of the day. Stop misrepresenting laws (i.e. Arizona's Immigration law). It is time to start reading and understanding the legislation you are drafting before you vote on it. Drop the appeasement rhetoric and bowing to world dictators/leaders. I am tired of being told bold face lies.

No comments: