Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I voted today

I voted today at the Salt Lake County government building. It took all of about 20 minutes from the time I got there until I left. It was pretty slick. While I tend to vote Republican, I did not vote straight Republican. For instance I voted for Peter Corroon for Salt Lake County Mayor because I like the job he is doing. He is a good leader and I liked his stance on not providing tax payer dollars for the building of a soccer stadium. It is unfortunate that the state legislature stepped in and overruled the County. It is a great nation we live in to be able to vote for those people who will lead us over the next couple of years.

I need to clear up some misunderstandings over some comments I made over the weekend regarding Sarah Palin. I think Sarah Palin is a fine individual with some great qualities that will serve her well as a leader and I think she will be a valuable asset to the McCain administration if they win. I do not not support her. However, I question John McCain's decision to select her as his running mate. I feel that there are a 100 other political leaders in the Republican party that John McCain could have chosen as a running mate that are far more qualified than Sarah Palin. It is hard to argue that Palin is more qualified than Mitt Romney, Joe Lieberman, Condeleza Rice, Newt Gingrich, Tom Ridge, Orrin Hatch and the list goes on. McCain chose Palin to secure the evangelical voters and those on the far right of the Republican party, and to get some of the disaffected Hillary Clinton supporters. Palin has done a great job of getting some of those voters on their side. Anyways, enough said.

I hope everyone exercises their right as an American and votes by November 4th. It is a wonderful privilege that should not be taken for granted.

No comments: